M. was born on 15 July 1857 in Shat (Seda), Kovno,
His father was an old-time
barber surgeon. He was educated in Janova. He learned in
the yeshivas of Vilkomir, Kovno and Vilna.
In 1880 he settled in
Libovna, took exams in teaching and opened a two-class
school, which existed until 1910. Also for a year's time
he was director of the Libov Hebrew gymnasium. In 1919
he traveled to his children in America, was a teacher in
the Talmud Torah in Minneapolis, then manager of a Hebrew
school in Worcester(?), and lastly in New York.
Already as a youth he
publishedarticles and songs in the Hebrew press and in
children's journals from Europe and America, also in
various Yiddish periodical editions and issued yeshiva
books in Yiddish.
M. was a co-founder of Libov's literary club "Kadimah",
for which he had
written twelve plays, most of the time one- and
two-acters. His musical play "Di reykhe irushh" in 1916
was performed by the Vilna Troupe in Vilna.
He also had composed in
Hebrew several children's plays. Several of them ""Khana"
was published in Yiddish; "M. Monesovitsh. Chana and
her Seven Sons, children's drama in 1 act, Yiddish, Z.
Z. [Zylbercweig], publisher "Unzer teater" [Lodz, 1921,
p. 27, 32°] and it was performed in the Yiddish
Z. Reyzen -- "Lexicon of
Yiddish Literature", Vol. II, pp. 310-11.