Located outside of
St. Petersburg, this memorial to the Holocaust was
dedicated in 2004.
ceremony took place on the anniversary of the times in
October 1941 when Nazi forces massacred several hundred
Jews in the streets of Pushkin.
"Their blood was spilled like water... and there was
nobody to bury them."
"To the Jews of the town of Pushkin, fallen as victims to
the fascist genocide,
It was only in 1986
that testimony of this event was recorded.
"There were three waves of killing in Pushkin. First,
Jewish families were rounded up and executed on a central
square. Then, the Nazis issued an order obliging Jews to
register in the commandantís office. The hundreds of Jews
who came to the office were then brought to the
Yekaterina's Castle and shot to death in the neighboring
parks. Finally, children were led to their death near the
southern branch of Alexanderís Palace, the dead then
buried in a ditch..."
--from "The Federation of Jewish Communities of the CIS"